This painting is sold but I may have others like it...
Choosing the right colors/color temperatures and values. I began the painting with a wash of very thinned out burnt sienna. Applied with a brush - again, looking for the joints of the figure and emphasizing them by pushing down on the brush tip, then continuing on to the next with as much of a calligraphic quality as possible in this small size. Easier to do with a brush than with a knife. Laid down the rest of the color notes with brush, then dove in with my knives to commit the color choices (with all their relative inherent features - value, temp etc.) and add features of the palette knive - stroke direction, depth, hard edge, tapered edge etc. Am happy with the result, though I feel that the shadow underneath the tot could be lighter.
• Pick Your Passion Please come this Thursday, August 7th from 5-8 to see two of my latest paintings at the Opening of SoBo Gallery's members only August exhibit; 127 S. Boyd Street, Winter Garden, FL 34787
• Private Lessons in my studio. Those interested, please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to make an appointment for a 3 hour or more session.• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy scheduled for Wednesday, September 24th - Friday September 26th at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy scheduled for June 6th -8th at The Art School in Sandy Springs - Atlanta, Georgia. Please call or email Donna Thomas at 404-313-7356 or theartschoolinsandysprings.com.
• Wine and Paint It's becoming a wildly popular trend across the globe and now is soon to come to Winter Garden Florida. Plans are being finalized for weekly evenings at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida. Join me and other painters for the fun - I will be facilitating. Schedule to come out soon.
• "Sally Shisler - A Collection of Beach Paintings from 2010-2014 Keep your eyes peeled for my First Self Published Book of 4x4" palette knife beach paintings a la Potthast.
Unless otherwise noted, listed prices are offered to my subscribed blog members. If you are interested in purchasing a painting, but are not yet subscribed, simply enter your email address in the join box on my home page. As a subscriber you will receive special values on your purchases and periodic promotions will give you the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!