Oil on board
SOLD - Contact me regarding commissions.
OMG - This is the 3rd time I've tried to get this post going after writing very beautiful, eloquent words (ha) and attaching a photo - everything goes haywire, kaplooey. Anyway - let's try one more time...I talked about loving the process that I've used in these last few paintings. That I think I'm gaining ground on what I have been wanting to say in my work, and how I've been wanting to say it. i love what the palette knife can do - after years of practice, I'm beginning to get a 'grip' on how to control it. It can be very unpredictable, but oh so beautiful when a stroke lays down as planned. I also am plugging my upcoming workshops - next one here in Winter Garden Fl., at end of Sept. I'll post more about it soon. If you want details right away, just message or email me. And I talked about how it's tricky as a teacher to find your own path evolving faster than you can teach students who are signed up to learn your experience; see you share your knowledge, etc. based on what they've seen you do last week. A hoot, and confusing. That said - I LOVE, LOVE teaching and haven't found myself in any real predicaments at all. For anyone who cares to know - I wear my heart on my sleeve. My teaching is really part that and part sharing my personal experience in life. How hard it is to be an artist and a human being at the same time. How inexplicably disastrous our efforts can be and how deliriously joyful they can be too. All depends on our perceptions of reality at any given time. It's important for students to see teachers struggle - that's how they learn best. Wouldn't want to send anyone out into the art world thinking they'll make a million off one successful painting after another. Blah blah - sign up for my workshop if you want to hear more about my philosophies : ) I also teach private instruction!
WORKSHOPS and CLASSES
• Three Day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for November 19th-21st, 2014 at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida. $320 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 8 students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot!
• Three Day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for January 6-8th, 2015 at the Crealde School of Art in Orlando Florida. (Winter Park Area). $400 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 15 students and will coincide with my Solo Show at Grace Gallery at the Ancient Olive. For more workshop information, please email Barbara Tiffany or call 407-656-4155.
• Four Day Intensive - Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy with focus on clean color mixing based on theory. Workshop scheduled for January 28th-30th, 2015 at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. $450 for 4 days. This will be an intense session where students will be practicing technique and learning how to translate their brush painting skills into palette knife artistry. Intermediate - Advanced. Workshop is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to secure your spot.
• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for May 2015 at The Art School in Sandy Springs Atlanta, Georgia. $450 for 3 days. For more information, please email Donna Thomas at 404-313-7356.
• Announcing one day, 3 hour intensive COLOR MIXING sessions at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. These sessions are designed to help students prepare for their own paintings that they will paint at home with their premixed palette. This is all about thorough color mixing; not actual painting. Each student will be provided with a high quality color print of their selected photograph with a clear breakdown of which colors will be mixed. Preparing a palette of clean, harmonious color before putting knife/brush to canvas gives you a head start on a successful painting. Sessions are held on the second Saturday of each month. Cost is $50. Beginner-Advanced. Space is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
• Private Lessons at my studio in Winter Garden, FL. Cost is $100 for three hours. Those interested, please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
• Now Available! Sally Shisler - Contemporary Impressionist Painter, A Collection of Palette Knife Paintings from 2011-2014
• Sally Shisler - Color Mixing for Radiant Harmony in your Paintings. This book will go in depth with how I prepare my colors from careful subject observation through completion of a painting. Step by step color choices and mixing will be diagrammed with detailed written instruction.