Oil on board
AVAILABLE - Contact me for pricing.
Dare I say? Ok - Puck Happens. What is it? It's my super-dee-duper technical term for sticky, raised areas that come when you pull the knife off painting surfaces suddenly and abruptly. It's one of my biggest pet peeves with knife strokes. Why? Because when I do it, I know I'm not using my whole arm to pull the paint across the board. Therefore, I'm not 'feeling' it much and I know for sure I'm losing touch with expression and putting too much focus on something else. I have a student who thinks I should make Puck Happens t-shirts and give them out in class. Or aprons; or what have you. Not sure it's appropriate though. This painting was inspired by the upcoming Halloween season. Not typically my favorite day, but clearly one that millions of folks enjoy a great deal.
FYI - Earlier today I posted my workshop schedule for the remainder of this year, and for what's scheduled so far into 2015. I am working on arranging for one in Raleigh Durham area, as well as one in Carmel too. So for all of my followers who have been asking for years if I do workshops anywhere near them - I'm coming soon!! To the cost - it appears that I forgot to include it. $320 for 3 day workshop in Winter Garden Florida. I have to double check with Donna Thomas at Sandy Springs Art School.
WORKSHOPS and CLASSES
• Three Day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for November 19th-21st, 2014 at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida. $320 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 8 students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot!
• Three Day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for January 6-8th, 2015 at the Crealde School of Art in Orlando Florida. (Winter Park Area). $400 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 15 students and will coincide with my Solo Show at Grace Gallery at the Ancient Olive. For more workshop information, please email Barbara Tiffany or call 407-656-4155.
• Four Day Intensive - Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy with focus on clean color mixing based on theory. Workshop scheduled for January 28th-30th, 2015 at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. $450 for 4 days. This will be an intense session where students will be practicing technique and learning how to translate their brush painting skills into palette knife artistry. Intermediate - Advanced. Workshop is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to secure your spot.
• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for May 2015 at The Art School in Sandy Springs Atlanta, Georgia. $450 for 3 days. For more information, please email Donna Thomas at 404-313-7356.
• Announcing one day, 3 hour intensive COLOR MIXING sessions at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. These sessions are designed to help students prepare for their own paintings that they will paint at home with their premixed palette. This is all about thorough color mixing; not actual painting. Each student will be provided with a high quality color print of their selected photograph with a clear breakdown of which colors will be mixed. Preparing a palette of clean, harmonious color before putting knife/brush to canvas gives you a head start on a successful painting. Sessions are held on the second Saturday of each month. Cost is $50. Beginner-Advanced. Space is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
• Private Lessons at my studio in Winter Garden, FL. Cost is $100 for three hours. Those interested, please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
• Now Available! Sally Shisler - Contemporary Impressionist Painter, A Collection of Palette Knife Paintings from 2011-2014
• Sally Shisler - Color Mixing for Radiant Harmony in your Paintings. This book will go in depth with how I prepare my colors from careful subject observation through completion of a painting. Step by step color choices and mixing will be diagrammed with detailed written instruction.