AVAILABLE - Contact me for pricing.
Been working on larger things, experimenting with my knives and loving every minute of it! I can't wait til my next workshop in a few weeks. My students are in for some real fun! BTW - there are only 2 spots left. Class is limited to 8. If you're interested, contact me asap.
OK, so... drama queen lately. I am entranced by working out of darkness; dramatic theater type lighting as opposed to the sunny light of outdoors. So many things happened in this painting. Starting with being another painting that got scraped (even after almost dry - can do this with thick paint). Brush toned with mix of prussian blue and raw umber. Built the dark jewel like colors from there. LOVE alizarin crimson; prussian blue; magenta; sap green; and lamp black. Just started using black (only lamp so far); much to the chagrin of my students. Mixing the three primaries is good fundamental practice; but when lamp black helps you achieve richer darks with lots of depth - USE IT!
WORKSHOPS and CLASSES
• Three Day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for November 19th-21st, 2014 at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida. $320 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 8 students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to secure your spot!
• Three Day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for January 6-8th, 2015 at the Crealde School of Art in Orlando Florida. (Winter Park Area). $400 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 15 students and will coincide with my Solo Show at Grace Gallery at the Ancient Olive. For more workshop information, please email Barbara Tiffany or call 407-656-4155.
• Four Day Intensive - Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy with focus on clean color mixing based on theory. Workshop scheduled for January 28th-30th, 2015 at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. $450 for 4 days. This will be an intense session where students will be practicing technique and learning how to translate their brush painting skills into palette knife artistry. Intermediate - Advanced. Workshop is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for May 2015 at The Art School in Sandy Springs Atlanta, Georgia. $450 for 3 days. For more information, please email Donna Thomas at 404-313-7356.
• Announcing one day, 3 hour intensive COLOR MIXING sessions at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. These sessions are designed to help students prepare for their own paintings that they will paint at home with their premixed palette. This is all about thorough color mixing; not actual painting. Each student will be provided with a high quality color print of their selected photograph with a clear breakdown of which colors will be mixed. Preparing a palette of clean, harmonious color before putting knife/brush to canvas gives you a head start on a successful painting. Sessions are held on the second Saturday of each month. Cost is $50. Beginner-Advanced. Space is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to secure your spot.
• Private Lessons at my studio in Winter Garden, FL. Cost is $100 for three hours. Those interested, please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
• Now Available! Sally Shisler - Contemporary Impressionist Painter, A Collection of Palette Knife Paintings from 2011-2014
• Sally Shisler - Color Mixing for Radiant Harmony in your Paintings. This book will go in depth with how I prepare my colors from careful subject observation through completion of a painting. Step by step color choices and mixing will be diagrammed with detailed written instruction.